AIM is supported by a wide community of expert advisers, ranging from Nominated Advisers and brokers to accountants, lawyers and public relations and investor relations firms.
What is a Nominated Adviser?
- Nominated Advisers (often referred to as Nomads) are corporate finance advisers approved by the London Stock Exchange to act in this capacity. To obtain approval as a Nominated Adviser, a firm must meet the eligibility criteria set out in the AIM Rules for Nominated Advisers.
- A Nominated Adviser has a responsibility to London Stock Exchange for advising and guiding a company on its responsibilities in relation to its admission to AIM as well as its continuing obligations once on market.
- In order to find out more about how a firm can become a Nominated Adviser and the relevant eligibility criteria, please refer to the AIM Rules for Nominated Advisers.
- Please contact us if you wish to become a Nominated Adviser.
Can you recommend a Nominated Adviser or Broker?
- For reasons of independence, we are unable to recommend individual Nominated Advisers or broker firms. However, to begin your selection, you can search for Nominated Advisers and Brokers who have brought companies from your sector to the market, or look for those with a local presence.
What other advisers will I need to join AIM?
- Broker – every AIM company is required to retain a broker at all times. The broker – who must be a London Stock Exchange Member Firm – acts at the main interface with the stock market, assessing market conditions, the demand for your company's shares and actively marketing them to investors.
- Reporting accountant - reviews your company's financial records and ensure you have appropriate controls and processes in place.
- Legal advisers – involved in the admission process and providing legal support after your company has been admitted to AIM.
- Other advisers – you may consider appointing specialist advisers including a financial public relations firm to assist in raising the company's profile and exposing your company to a diverse range of investors.