Ticker is used on FTSE Index pages to display the latest value data for a specific index.
On this module, you will see the information of below fields;
- Value - Current market value of the index
- Change percentage: Intra-day change percentage of the price of tradable security/instrument compared to the last trading day's closing price.
- Net variation of the value - Daily change in the price of the index, i.e. the difference between the displayed value of the index and the previous close price.
- High / Low - The daily high is the highest price reached by the index during the day, while the daily low is the lowest price reached by the index during the day. If there has been no price change during the day then the High and Low values will be the same as the previous trading day’s close.
- Previous close - The last price/value of the index at the time the market closes. The closing price will be based on the results of the closing auction or the mid price of the best bid and offer prices at the time the market closes.