|Go to market news section|
20 February 2020
("Tracsis" or the "Group")
Tracsis, a leading provider of software, hardware and services for the rail, traffic data and wider transport industries, is pleased to provide the following trading update for the six months ended 31 January 2020.
Trading for the first half of the year has been in line with expectations. Group revenues, as expected, are well ahead of the previous year at over £26m (2019: £18.8m). EBITDA and Adjusted Profit are also expected to be ahead of the previous year (2019: EBITDA £4.2m, 2019: Adjusted Profit £3.9m). Cash balances remained strong at approximately £26m at 31 January 2020 (31 July 2019: £24.1m, 31 January 2019: £18.7m), after the expected unwinding of the positive year end working capital movements from the previous year end.
Our Rail Technology & Services division has traded well, benefiting from high levels of recurring software revenue, and also income from multi-year contract wins from previous years. All our rail businesses have been involved in major tenders, which if successfully secured, will pave the way for further organic growth. Bellvedi which was acquired during 2019, has also performed well, and continues to form a key part of our industry leading TRACS Enterprise solution.
Our Traffic & Data Services division is highly second-half weighted. With this in mind, it has performed very pleasingly and ahead of expectations, with a very strong contribution from the acquired businesses CTM and Compass Informatics, where integration is progressing well.
As highlighted previously, the Group continues to invest heavily in our technology base, and continues to make good progress developing the next generation of products for the transport industry.
The Group continues to review acquisition opportunities particularly in the Rail Technology & Services division as we seek to judiciously use cash balances to fuel growth.
Interim results will be announced on 2 April 2020.
Tracsis plc Tel: 0845 125 9162
Chris Barnes, CEO
Max Cawthra, CFO
finnCap Ltd Tel: 020 7220 0500
Christopher Raggett/Scott Mathieson, Corporate Finance
Andrew Burdis, Corporate Broking
Notes to editors:
· Tracsis plc is a technology company and a leading provider of software and hardware products, data capture and data analytic services for the rail, traffic data and wider transport industries.
· Tracsis' products and services are widely used to increase efficiency, reduce cost and risk and improve operational and asset performance, safety management and decision making capabilities for clients and customers.
· The Group is split into two principle operating areas built around detailed industry knowledge and expertise:
- Rail Technology & Services: Software and technology led business supported by consultancy. Develops remote condition monitoring hardware and safety, productivity improvement, risk management and data acquisition software for rail infrastructure providers and software that solves complex resource, asset optimisation and control problems for Train Operators.
- Traffic & Data Services: A largely services led business that focuses on data capture, data analytics, data insights and event traffic management within transport and pedestrian rich environments. The business provides technology and data that underpins large scale intelligent transport system and smart city planning and decision making.
· Tracsis has a blue-chip client base which includes all major UK transport owning Groups. The business also works extensively with Network Rail, the Department of Transport, TfL, multiple local authorities, major outdoor music and sporting event organisers, and a wide variety of large engineering and infrastructure companies.
· The business drives growth both organically and through acquisition and has made thirteen acquisitions since 2008.
· For more information on Tracsis please visit http://www.tracsis.com
London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.
|©London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved|