|RNS Reach Story|
|Go to market news section|
15 August 2019
STRONG FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL PROGRESS ACROSS THE PORTFOLIO
Helios Towers, the independent telecoms tower infrastructure company, announces results for the 6 months to 30 June 2019.
· Q2 2019 revenue increased 9% year-on-year to US$97m (Q2 2018: US$89m)
· Q2 2019 adjusted EBITDA up 14% year-on-year to US$50m (Q2 2018: US$44M) with Q2 adjusted EBITDA margin at 52% (Q2 2018: 49%), up 3ppts
· H1 revenue increased 7% year-on-year to US$191m (H1 2018: US$178m)
· H1 adjusted EBITDA up 15% year-on-year to US$99m (H1 2018: US$86m)
· Cash and cash equivalents of US$90m at the end of the period (30 June 2018: US$74m)
· Increase in tenancies of 8% year-on-year to 14,100 tenancies (Q2 2018: 12,996 tenancies)
· Tenancy ratio increased by 0.06x to 2.05x (Q2 2018 1.99x)
· HT awarded the Anti-Bribery Management System certification (ISO 37001) adding to HT's existing certifications for Quality Management (ISO 9001), Environmental Management (ISO 14001) and Occupational Health and Safety Management (OHSAS 18001)
· Remain focussed on continued top-line growth through additional colocation volumes, amendment revenues and built-to-suit tenancies as well as margin expansion driven by additional operational efficiencies
· Well positioned with market leading positions in some of the most attractive and highest growth telecom markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
Kash Pandya, Chief Executive Officer of Helios Towers, said:
"Helios Towers has produced another strong quarter which has seen strong tenancy and revenue growth whilst continuing our trend of now 18 quarters of adjusted EBITDA growth. We are particularly pleased to be recognised for our robust processes for risk and compliance, with new certifications achieved that demonstrate our continued commitment to the very best business governance practices.
This is an exciting time for our business at the beginning of a technology shift in Sub-Saharan Africa, with an ambitious, young and urbanising population seeking greater connectivity through mobile devices. Helios Towers is well positioned to benefit from these trends and to create significant value for our all our stakeholders."
Edward Bridges / Rob Mindell
FTI Consulting LLP
+44 (0)20 3727 1000
About Helios Towers
· Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications tower infrastructure company in Africa, having established one of the continent's most extensive tower portfolio with almost 6,900 sites across five countries. Helios Towers builds and manages telecom passive infrastructure, leasing it to mobile operators.
· Helios Towers owns and operates more sites than any other operator in each of Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Congo Brazzaville. It is also a leading operator in Ghana with a strong urban presence and recently announced entry into South Africa.
· Helios Towers pioneered the sale-leaseback model in Africa, buying towers that were held by single operators and providing services utilising the tower infrastructure to the seller and other operators. This allows wireless operators to outsource non-core tower-related activities, enabling them to focus their capital and managerial resources on providing higher quality services more cost-effectively.
· Investors in the company include: Helios Investment Partners, Quantum Strategic Partners, Albright Capital Management LLC, RIT Capital Partners Plc, the International Finance Corporation and Millicom International Cellular.
· For further information go to:
· To view the Half Year report go to:
London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.
|©London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved|