Why choose London Stock Exchange for your tech IPO?
Tech is breaking barriers in London
The momentum behind London tech IPOs is gathering speed. In 2020, 40% of IPO proceeds were raised by tech and consumer internet companies. We saw 8 new tech and consumer internet companies join London Stock Exchange including companies such as THG and Kaspi on our Main Market and aspiring scale-ups such as Kooth, Calnex and Fonix joining AIM.
In 2021, tech continues to stand tall with the successful IPOs of companies including Moonpig, musicMagpie, PensionBee, tinyBuild and Trustpilot.
London remains Europe’s most active stock exchange in terms of the value and volume of equity transactions. The depth and breadth of our market provides access to companies of any size, headquartered around the world with the ability to raise capital at IPO and as they develop for the future.
Benefits of a London IPO
- A global financial centre that is hungry to support tech and tech-enabled companies. London is one of the largest and most active capital markets in the world with an equity value of over £5 trillion. In 2020, over £51bn of equity capital was raised, almost 3x more than the next largest European market.
- London is the listing destination for British tech and consumer internet companies. The UK has produced more unicorns than any other country outside of the US and China. Growing businesses achieve unmatched relevance and can succeed on London’s Main Market and AIM.
- Our market is open to companies of all sizes from around the world. London Stock Exchange is the most international exchange in the world and 38% of our companies are headquartered outside of the UK.
- Founders can stay in control as they transition their companies from private to public. Founders of leading businesses can protect their businesses from premature hostile takeovers as they build for long-term value creation. Furthermore, London Stock Exchange offers companies access to sophisticated investors in the United Kingdom and overseas to support organic and inorganic growth. Companies can achieve robust valuations inline and often at a premium to their global peers, helping companies attract and retain staff alongside providing an attractive currency to fund future acquisitions.
- 'Right-touch' environment to nurture business. The UK market promotes strong corporate governance standards and offers an innovative, supportive ecosystem that is less costly and less litigious than other markets, enabling management teams to focus on what they do best – running your business. This is the ultimate driver of value; a win-win for companies, investors and other stakeholders