During the post trade stages, the lack of a common derivative identifier across global exchanges, vendors, front and back offices creates inefficiencies in the documentation process and hinders STP.
A common global identifier for all derivatives
To solve this issue, SEDOL Masterfile has migrated to the UnaVista reconciliation service platform, providing customers with a new website and a global derivatives package. This enhancement enabled the allocation of two million SEDOL codes to identify unique global exchange traded derivatives sourced from over 80 global exchanges.
Revolutionise your documentation for post-trade processing of derivatives
The new service aims to help customers improve efficiencies in the documentation process and minimise the risks and costs associated with late settlement and trade failures.
Every derivative contract is identified at the exchange level by using the standard SEDOL seven digit alphanumeric format, providing a common global identifier for all derivatives.
Derivative SEDOL codes will:
- cover over 80 global markets including around 30,000 issuers
- link to the underlying issuer via the ISIN code
- incorporate GB ISIN for all derivatives on UK based markets including LIFFE, EDX and the London Metal Exchange
- provide additionalreference data required by regulations such as MiFID - for example the CFI code.
Collect data directly from the source
SEDOL codes are incorporated in most major data vendor solutions worldwide, but there is no substitute for collecting data directly from the source. As such, Derivative SEDOL codes are available in a downloadable format and through a web services API, allowing participants to access data on a daily basis to automate their reference data systems.
Derivative SEDOL allows you to:
- streamline data feeds
- enable your front, middle and back office to seamlessly communicate
- trade with confidence with the thousands of other SEDOL and ISIN users across all time zones
- reduce the dependence on concatenating multiple reference data attributes.
To discuss how Derivative SEDOL can increase your firm’s effectiveness please contact us on:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7797 3009, STX 33009
Derivative SEDOL Factsheet December 2009 (file pdf - 169 KB)