|Go to market news section|
ROLLS-ROYCE SELECTED FOR TRANSAERO 787S AND WINS $200M ENGINE SERVICES ORDER
Rolls-Royce has been selected by Russian airline Transaero to provide Trent 1000 engines, with long-term TotalCare® service support, for four Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. In addition, Rolls-Royce has won a $200m order from the airline to provide TotalCare support for Trent 800 engines that power eight Boeing 777s already in service.
The Trent 1000 has now been preferred by ten of the last 13 operators to have announced engine selections.
Trent 1000-powered Dreamliners are already in service with airlines on three continents and have delivered better than 99.9 per cent engine dispatch reliability in the first year of operations, the best ever for a widebody engine.
Alexander Krinichansky, Executive Director, Transaero, said: "We are delighted to select Trent 1000 engines following our evaluation that found it to be the best solution in terms of fuel efficiency and environmental performance. Our Trent 1000 and Trent 800 engines will now be supported by a comprehensive TotalCare service agreement that will maximise aircraft availability for our operations."
Piers Keywood, Rolls-Royce - Vice President Customers - Civil Large Engines, said: "We are delighted to be part of Transaero's success, and look forward to delivering our world-leading Trent 1000 engines to the first airline in Russia to fly the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 has delivered excellent in service reliability for a variety of customers and we look forward to achieving the same level of performance with Transaero. We also welcome Transaero to our growing family of Trent TotalCare operators."
Transaero, which has the largest widebody fleet in Russia and the fourth largest in Europe, also operates four Boeing 747-400 aircraft powered by Rolls-Royce RB211 engines.
Transaero is a new TotalCare customer and these long-term service agreements are designed to minimise customer financial risk and improve operational performance and reliability, allowing operators to concentrate on their core business. Globally, more than 90 per cent of Trent engines in service and on order are covered by TotalCare.
Notes to Editors:
1. Rolls-Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, and has established a strong position in global markets - civil aerospace, defence aerospace, marine and energy.
2. As a result of this strategy, Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising more than 300 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 4,000 marine customers, including 70 navies, and energy customers in more than 80 countries.
3. Annual underlying revenue was £12.2 billion in 2012, of which more than half came from the provision of services. The firm and announced order book stood at £60.1 billion at 31 December 2012, providing visibility of future levels of activity.
4. Rolls-Royce employs over 45,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in over 50 countries. Over 14,000 of these employees are engineers.
5. In 2012, Rolls-Royce invested £919 million on research and development, two thirds of which had the objective of further improving the environmental performance of its products, in particular reducing emissions.
6. Rolls-Royce supports a global network of 28 University Technology Centres, which connect the company's engineers with the forefront of scientific research.
7. The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills.
For further information, please contact:
Tel 44 1332 246162
London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.
|©London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved|