NET ASSET VALUE
BLACKROCK NEW ENERGY INVESTMENT TRUST PLC
The unaudited net asset values for BlackRock New Energy Investment Trust plc at
close of business on 4 February 2014 were:
45.67p Capital (Pre Performance Fee)
45.67p Capital (Post Performance Fee)
45.56p Including income (Pre Performance Fee) - diluted for subscription shares
45.56p Including income (Post Performance Fee) - diluted for subscription shares
1. The NAV excludes any provision for the following amounts:
£276,000 in respect of estimated liquidation costs;
£231,000 in respect of the write off of unquoted investments; and
£828,000 in respect of portfolio realisation costs.
2. Under the investment management agreement dated 14 December 2006, a
performance fee is payable based on outperformance of the Company's benchmark
index if the Company's NAV reaches a high watermark of 55.58p. In accordance
with the AIC statement of Recommended Practice, the above NAV includes any
relevant performance fee provisions to the extent that the high watermark has
been attained. The NAV prior to the calculation of any performance fee
accruals, for the purposes of calculating the high watermark, amounted to:
45.56p (including income).
3. Revenue items included in net asset value, with dividends payable deducted
on the ex-dividend date.
4. Following the conversion of 2,949 Subscription Shares into Ordinary Shares
on 31 October 2013, the Company's issued share capital comprises 234,988,568
Ordinary Shares and 45,611,243 Subscription Shares.
5. For the latest daily net asset value, previous month end performance
statistics, asset allocation and ten largest holdings of the BlackRock managed
Investment Trusts; see BLRKINDEX on Reuters or page 8800 on ICB (Topic 3).