|Go to market news section|
9 October 2013
Good Energy Group plc announces planning consent for 12.8MW solar farm in Dorset
Good Energy Group plc ("Good Energy" or "the Group"), the AIM quoted renewable electricity supplier, is pleased to announce that planning consent has been granted on a 12.8MW solar site in Dorset.
Good Energy also recently gained planning consent for a 1.4 MW solar farm near Bude in Cornwall and a 30MW solar site in Pembrokeshire, as announced on 1 October 2013.
Juliet Davenport, OBE, Founder and CEO of Good Energy commented:
'Each solar farm that gains consent gives the potential for more renewable electricity to be produced here in the UK. The sites will see benefits to local people via a community fund and the surrounding environment with a bespoke ecological plan. The Directors are considering the options for the delivery of this project.'
Good Energy Group plc
Juliet Davenport, Chief Executive
Garry Peagam, Group Finance Director
Tel. +44 (0)1249 766 795
N+1 Singer (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Andrew Craig / Ben Wright
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Notes to Editors
· Good Energy Group plc is quoted on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. For more information please visit: www.goodenergygroup.co.uk
· Good Energy is a licensed electricity supplier. It ensures that all their electricity is 100% matched with electricity sourced from renewable energy, backed by Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates (REGOs) over the course of 12 months. To compare the fuel mix of other suppliers please visit: www.electricityinfo.org/suppliers.php
· Good Energy has over 35,000 renewable electricity customers. In 2008, Good Energy added a Gas product to its range. It now has over 12,000 gas customers.
· Good Energy provides services to a community of over 55,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators.
· Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm, and is building a 8.2MW wind farm at Hampole in Yorkshire. It has targeted the development of 110MW of capacity of new renewable electricity generation assets by 2016.
· Good Energy is a founder member of Ethex and the Social Stock Exchange.
· Good Energy has recently won a number of awards, including:
- Good Energy has come top in the latest Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey for energy suppliers in 3 of the last 4 years.
- Good Energy won the Company of the Year Award in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013
- In 2013, Good Energy was named best green electricity supplier by the ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer.
|London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.|
|©London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved|