|Go to market news section|
4 July 2013
AWARDED £200 MILLION HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL CONTRACT
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has been awarded a ten-year contract worth £200 million by Herefordshire Council.
The contract which covers highways maintenance and improvement works, street lighting, street cleaning, as well as responsibility for public rights of way, and parks and open spaces is due to start on 1 September 2013.
Andrew McNaughton CEO of Balfour Beatty said: "This exciting opportunity to work with Herefordshire County Council further strengthens our position in the local authority services sector. We are dedicated to delivering an effective, efficient, sustainable and customer focused service for the county which we will achieve through flexible delivery, innovation, and staff development."
Geoff Hughes, director for places and communities, Herefordshire Council said: "We're delighted to be able to award the contract to Balfour Beatty and look forward to working with our new service provider on these key frontline services."
The full list of core services for which Balfour Beatty will be responsible include:
· Highways management services
· Highways maintenance and improvement work
· Traffic controls systems maintenance
· Street lighting
· Street cleaning
· Public rights of way
· Parks and open spaces
· Fleet management transformation services
· Highways asset management
Balfour Beatty plc
Tel. +44 (0)20 7216 6924
Tel. +44 (0)20 7379 5151
Notes to Editors:
1. Balfour Beatty Living Places work in partnership with local authorities to maintain and enhance their local transport and highway networks. They provide the whole range of highways and street lighting services, taking on long-term responsibility for managing entire road networks through to term maintenance contracts working closely with clients and consultant teams. We focus, in particular, on highways, street scene and street lighting maintenance. We are dedicated to delivering effective, efficient, sustainable and customer focused services which will enhance communities and environments for the public.
2. Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is an international infrastructure group that delivers world class services essential to the development, creation and care of infrastructure assets; from finance and development, through design and project management to construction and maintenance.
Our businesses draw on more than 100 years of experience to deliver the highest levels of quality, safety and technical expertise to our clients principally in the UK, the US, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. We continue to develop our business in key growth markets in South Africa, Australia, Canada, Brazil and India.
With proven expertise in delivering infrastructure critical to support communities and society today and in the future, our key market sectors include transportation (roads, rail and aviation), power and energy, mining, water and social infrastructure such as hospitals and schools.
Balfour Beatty employs 50,000 people around the world.
|London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.|
|©London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved|