|Go to market news section|
NOTIFICATION OF TRANSACTIONS OF DIRECTORS/PERSONS DISCHARGING MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CONNECTED PERSONS
This form is intended for use by an issuer to make a RIS notification required by DR 3.1.4R(1).
(1) An issuer making a notification in respect of a transaction relating to the shares or debentures of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 16, 23 and 24.
(2) An issuer making a notification in respect of a derivative relating to the shares of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
(3) An issuer making a notification in respect of options granted to a director/person discharging managerial responsibilities should complete boxes 1 to 3 and 17 to 24.
(4) An issuer making a notification in respect of a financial instrument relating to the shares of the issuer (other than a debenture) should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
Please complete all relevant boxes in block capital letters.
1. Name of the issuer
VEDANTA RESOURCES PLC
2. State whether the notification relates to:
(i) a transaction notified in accordance with DR 3.1.4R(1)(a); or
(ii) DR 3.1.4(R)(1)(b) a disclosure made in accordance with section 324 (as extended by section 328) of the Companies Act 1985; or
(iii) both (i) and (ii)
THE NOTIFICATION RELATES TO A TRANSACTION NOTIFIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH DR 3.1.4R(1)(a)
3. Name of person discharging managerial responsibilities/director
MR A K AGARWAL
4. State whether notification relates to a person connected with a person discharging managerial responsibilities/director named in 3 and identify the connected person
YES. THE NOTIFICATION RELATES TO VOLCAN INVESTMENTS LIMITED
5. Indicate whether the notification is in respect of a holding of the person referred to in 3 or 4 above or in respect of a non-beneficial interest
DISCLOSURE RELATES TO A HOLDING OF THE PERSON NAMED IN BOX 4 ABOVE.
6. Description of shares (including class), debentures or derivatives or financial instruments relating to shares
ORDINARY SHARES OF 10 US CENTS EACH IN VEDANTA RESOURCES PLC
7. Name of registered shareholders(s) and, if more than one, the number of shares held by each of them
VOLCAN INVESTMENTS LIMITED
8 State the nature of the transaction
PURCHASE OF ORDINARY SHARES OF VEDANTA RESOURCES PLC
9. Number of shares, debentures or financial instruments relating to shares acquired
NAME NUMBER OF SHARES IN VEDANTA RESOURCES
PLC WHICH WERE PURCHASED FROM MARKET.
VOLCAN INVESTMENTS LIMITED 2,498,825
10. Percentage of issued class acquired (treasury shares of that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
VOLCAN INVESTMENTS LIMITED 0.91%
11. Number of shares, debentures or financial instruments relating to shares disposed
12. Percentage of issued class disposed (treasury shares of that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
13. Price per share or value of transaction
85,329 SHARES WERE PURCHASED AT £11.94 PER SHARE
325,331 SHARES WERE PURCHASED AT £12.31 PER SHARE
1,065,000 SHARES WERE PURCHASED AT £12.49 PER SHARE
1,023,165 SHARES WERE PURCHASED AT £12.59 PER SHARE
14. Date and place of transaction
31 JANUARY 2013, LONDON
1 FEBRUARY 2013, LONDON
4 FEBRUARY 2013, LONDON
5 FEBRUARY 2013, LONDON
15. Total holding following notification and total percentage holding following notification (any treasury shares should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
NAME HOLDING PERCENTAGE
VOLCAN INVESTMENTS LIMITED 170,451,881 64.01
VOLCAN INVESTMENTS LIMITED IS THE ULTIMATE CONTROLLING PARTY OF VEDANTA RESOURCES PLC, WHICH IS CONTROLLED BY PERSONS RELATED TO THE CHAIRMAN (MR A K AGARWAL)
16. Date issuer informed of transaction
5 FEBRUARY 2013
If a person discharging managerial responsibilities has been granted options by the issuer complete the following boxes
17 Date of grant
18. Period during which or date on which it can be exercised
19. Total amount paid (if any) for grant of the option
20. Description of shares or debentures involved (class and number)
21. Exercise price (if fixed at time of grant) or indication that price is to be fixed at the time of exercise
22. Total number of shares or debentures over which options held following notification
23. Any additional information
24. Name of contact and telephone number for queries
020 7499 5900
Name and signature of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification
Date of notification
6 FEBRUARY 2013
London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.
|©London Stock Exchange plc. All rights reserved|