Press releases 2012
London Stock Exchange Group and Bucharest Stock Exchange sign collaboration agreement
- LSE Group and Bucharest Stock Exchange to work together across five key business areas
- Partnership to raise awareness of Romanian investment opportunities
- LSE Group executives open the trading session on Bucharest Stock Exchange
London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) and the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) today announce that they have signed an exclusive “Letter of Intent” (LoI) to collaborate across five key business areas.
The LoI, signed today by LSEG and BSE at a meeting at the Bucharest Stock Exchange sets out five collaboration areas: Primary Markets, Seminars and Training, Proquote market data and trading solutions, FTSE and Post Trade services.
LSEG executives are in Bucharest meeting Romanian government ministers ahead of a planned set of co-ordinated joint initiatives which will bring together Romanian companies and London investors and advisors.
Tracey Pierce, Director of Equity Primary Markets, LSEG said:
“The London Stock Exchange Group is delighted to be working with the BSE. As one of the fastest growing CEE economies, Romania presents exciting and natural partnership opportunities for the London Stock Exchange Group. Through this collaboration we will bring together leading Romanian companies and privatisation candidates with the international investor community in London.”
Lucian Anghel, Chairman of the Bucharest Stock Exchange said:
“It is an honour for us to establish a collaboration agreement with the London Stock Exchange Group. Throughout the years the foundation of a partnership has been built, but now we can really strengthen this collaboration and join our efforts towards bringing Romanian investing opportunities closer to London investors.”
The scope of the collaboration covers:
- LSEG and BSE will co-promote a “Romania - Investment Forum”, to raise awareness amongst London based investors and advisers of the investment opportunities within the fast-growing Romanian economy
- LSEG will support BSE during investor road shows of Romanian privatisation candidates
- The London Stock Exchange Academy will provide seminars, training courses and coaching sessions to members of the BSE, Central Depository, National Securities Commission, Romanian Ministries and Privatisation office
Proquote and Membership:
- LSEG will offer simple access to London Stock Exchange markets for new members together with cost-effective market information and execution facilities using the LSEG’s Proquote system
- FTSE Group and BSE to explore the development of suitable indices for the Romanian market
- LSEG and BSE will explore and develop potential collaboration between Monte Titoli and Depozitarul Central
- LSEG will provide assistance for the clearing of BSE traded securities and provide support to the potential establishment of a Securities Clearing House and Central counterparty functions
- ends -
For further information please contact:
Tom Gilbert Press Office +44 (0)20 7797 1222
Notes to editors:
About London Stock Exchange Group:
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L) sits at the heart of the world’s financial community. The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe's leading fixed income market; and Turquoise, offering UK and Russian derivatives trading, pan-European and US lit and dark equity trading. Through its markets, the Group offers international business unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets.
The Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software and also offers its customers around the world access to an extensive range of real-time and reference data products and market-leading post-trade services. The Group is also home to a world leading index provider FTSE, which creates and manages of over 200,000 equity, bond and alternative asset class indices.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom with significant operations in Italy and Sri Lanka, the Group employs around 1,850 people.
Further information on London Stock Exchange Group can be found at www.londonstockexchangegroup.com