Press releases 2004
London Stock Exchange launches new website
As part of its drive to enable private investors to make informed investment decisions, the London Stock Exchange has re-launched its website with a number of new, enhanced features.
By significantly increasing the amount of news, data and other information, the London Stock Exchange has created a unique educational and informative resource for all private investors.
www.londonstockexchange.com now offers more free content than has ever been offered before on the site. It is expected that the new website will consolidate the London Stock Exchange’s position as an important educational resource for investors.
In addition to core features such as 15 minute delayed prices and company announcements, the Prices and News section of the website now offers the following enhanced features:
- A high-spec portfolio management system
- Improved charting facilities
- A wider range of news content including AFX and Citywire along with webcasts and a larger announcement archive
- Email and SMS alerts
- A comprehensive section on investment funds covering everything from prices and performance through to charting, profiles and even fund-specific editorial provided by Citywire
- Frequently updated commentary from well known market observers including stock market historian David Schwartz and Justin Urquhart Stewart
- Online bookshop
- Educational content covering a wide range of investment topics
www.londonstockexchange.com is already one of the most popular web resources for private investors, receiving nearly 8 million page impressions per month and over 800,000 unique users. According to Hitwise, it is consistently among the top 10 most visited financial services websites in the UK.
David Lester, Chief Information Officer at the London Stock Exchange, said:
“We want to empower investors, to give them the tools they need to educate themselves and make better informed investment decisions. Our website is already a key destination for private investors looking to take advantage of the financial information that we provide. By offering more free information we expect it to become the staple content resource for many investors.”
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
John Wallace London Stock Exchange 020 7797 1222
Richard Campbell Capital MS&L 020 7878 3181