Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
- Is Wi-Fi access available to guests?
Yes, complimentary Wi-Fi access is available to all guests. Wi-Fi codes are distributed via individually produced cards, either from the clients registration desk or the events business centre.
- What is your Daily Delegate Rate (DDR)?
Unfortunately we do not offer Daily Delegate Rates (DDRs).
- Do your rates include Value-Added Tax (VAT)?
No, all of our rates are exclusive of VAT.
- Will my event be subject to VAT charges?
Yes, all events will be charged VAT as they take place in the United Kingdom.
- Where is the nearest car park to the London Stock Exchange?
There are no car parking facilities available at the London Stock Exchange. The nearest NCP car parks are in Limeburner Lane (EC4M 7HY) and Aldersgate Street (EC1A 4HY).
- Do you pay commission to Agents?
We are very pleased to extend 8% commission to Agents who refer event business to the London Stock Exchange. This commission is based on room hire only therefore excludes food and beverage.
- Does your event space have natural day light?
Yes, with the exception of our theatre (tiered auditorium) all of our event space boasts natural daylight.
- Does your event space have air-conditioning?
Yes, all rooms have air-conditioning.
- What level of the London Stock Exchange is the event space located?
Events & Studios are located on the first floor of the London Stock Exchange at 10 Paternoster Square, London, EC4M 7LS.
- Are there hotels within walking distance to the London Stock Exchange?
Yes, there a number of hotels within close proximity to the London Stock Exchange. Your Event Manager will be able to provide you with a list.
- What currency are invoices issued in?
All invoices are issued in GBP (£) only.
- Do you have minimum numbers for catering?
There are no minimum number requirements for catering however we do ask that you cater for at least 75% of expected guests.
- When do you hire your facilities?
We hire our facilities from 06:30 - 22:00 Monday to Friday only (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Do you have a booking approval process?
Yes, a simple booking approval is applicable to all new clients and all clients who are not listed on the London Stock Exchange. Please email as many details about your event. Please include a company overview (including website), the event type, topics to be discussed, names of your guest speakers and the nature of the delegates attending. On receipt of this information, your event will be reviewed and once approved; a provisional booking will be made.
- How many provisional bookings can be made?
Once approved, a maximum of two dates can be provisionally held for each event.
- Where is the trading floor of the London Stock Exchange?
There is no longer a trading floor at the London Stock Exchange. ‘The Big Bang’, which took place in the 1980s, was the move from open-outcry to electronic (screen-based) trading.
- Do you hire your facilities for public events?
Unfortunately not, we do not hire our facilities for events which are open to the general public.
- Do you hire your facilities for Annual General Meetings (AGM's)?
Unfortunately not, we do not hire our facilities for AGM's.
- Can we bring in our own caterers?
Unfortunately you are not permitted to use your own caterers. Our in-house caterers are Harbour and Jones. If you have specific catering requirements we will be happy to discuss them with you.
- How does the security work for events?
The London Stock Exchange is a unique venue and has strict security measures in place. On arrival guests may be subject to bag searches by security staff. After going through security checks guests will be handed a security pass (to be visible at all times) and directed to the first floor reception, where they may leave coats and bags.
For security reasons, a copy of the delegate list will be at ground floor reception where names will be checked on arrival. If any unexpected delegates arrive who are not on the delegate list, they will be held at ground floor whilst checks are made with the event organiser to verify their attendance.
- Can we use the London Stock Exchange logo or photographs?
Unfortunately not. We do not allow the use of any logos or photographs on any marketing material or websites to promote the event. As outlined in our Terms and Conditions, all invitations and advertising material related to your event must be approved by the London Stock Exchange prior to distribution.
- Is your venue suitable for guests with special mobility access?
Yes. If you are expecting any guests requiring special mobility access please inform us in advance, where possible, so we can make appropriate arrangements prior to arrival.
- Do you hire your facilities for Registered Charity events?
Our recently appointed UK partner charity is the London Air Ambulance. For other charity event enquiries please contact LSEG_Foundation@londonstockexchange.com.
- Do you hire your facilities for social events such as weddings?
No, we do not hire our facilities for weddings, weekend events or parties.
- Do you have preferred suppliers?
We work with Andy Wilkinson Audio Visual (AWAV), Hybrid Florists and White Light. For more information please discuss your requirements with your Event Manager.